Crisis Pregnancy Outreach Car Matching Program
The Crisis Pregnancy Outreach Car Matching Program was created to help our mothers have reliable transportation. The amount of the match is subject to review by the scholarship committee. Applicants are required to earn and save her funds. Loans or monetary gifts will not be matched. This is a savings program. Candidates must show savings over a 3-12 month period. Only the funds saved while in the program will be matched. All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a valid driver’s license and no outstanding warrants or tickets
- Must show the ability to pay for taxes, tags, insurance, and maintenance
- Must be employed or show prove of consistent income
- Must be willing to create and maintain a budget
- Attend a CPO Support Group 2 times and either consistently attend group or counseling 2 times a month for 3 months.
- Complete assigned Brightcourse Financial Courses
- Car must be purchased in full at time of purchase. CPO funds can not be applied to a loan
- Car must be purchased from a reputable business or dealership. CPO can not give funds to any individual for the purchase of a car.
Please send your proof of employment, record of current savings amount, what your goal savings amount is and type of car you are hoping to purchase to Maggie@CPOtulsa.org . If you are not currently attending one of CPO’s support groups please plan to do so. If you are not currently set up with a CPO counselor please let us know and we will get you the information. It is up to you to set up and attend counseling appointments.
Once these documents have been submitted and all Brightcourse classes have been finished we will meet monthly at CPO or over the phone to touch base and get a progress update. Once you have completed all required classes, group and counseling sessions and saved the goal amount the committee will approve the funds. Once you find a car that you would like to purchase we will most likely need to act fast as a team. We will have a mechanic check it out and have our accountant cut a check to the dealership directly. Please keep in mind that we will do our best to act fast but that without prior notice our accountant or leadership may be unavailable so please let us know ahead of time if you plan to car shop or you have a car you want to go look at so we can plan to be available.
By filling out the application for this program you are agreeing that you have read the requirements and agree to the terms listed.