There are many ways to get involved with Crisis Pregnancy Outreach. In addition to donating funding and materials, you can also donate your time and skills. You do not have to be an adoptive parent to volunteer at CPO. You just have to be willing to help.
Volunteer Application and Approval Process
Crisis Pregnancy Outreach (CPO) is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for our clients and volunteers. As part of this commitment, we have a comprehensive Volunteer Application and Approval Process.
The process involves three steps:
- Volunteer Application: Prospective volunteers must complete the Volunteer Application, available on our website. This application serves as the initial step in the screening process.
- Background Check: As part of our commitment to maintaining a safe environment, CPO conducts a thorough background check on all volunteers through Protect My Ministry. This background check is mandatory for individuals involved in client services. The level of intensity of the criminal background check may vary depending on the specific volunteer position.
- Orientation: Volunteers who successfully pass the background check are required to attend an orientation session. During this session, volunteers will review CPO’s policies and procedures related to their designated area of volunteering. At the end of the orientation, volunteers must sign a document indicating their understanding and agreement to comply with the policies.
CPO welcomes student volunteers who wish to contribute to our organization. However, specific guidelines and requirements apply to students under the age of 16 and those over 16.
- Student Application: Students under the age of 16 must submit a Student Application signed by a parent or guardian. This application enables us to maintain proper communication and ensure a clear understanding of responsibilities.
- Orientation: Student volunteers, like other volunteers, are required to review and acknowledge their understanding of CPO’s policies and procedures. This is done by reading the Volunteer Handbook and signing the designated page.
- During center hours, when the CPO office is typically covered by one staff member, student volunteers must be accompanied by another student volunteer or have a parent remain on-site.
- Please note that student volunteers who are seeking to earn service hours must sign in and out for each visit to CPO.
All volunteers are expected to:
- Sign in and out each time they volunteer.
- Follow CPO’s policies and procedures.
- Be respectful of clients and staff.
- Be professional and courteous at all times.
CPO offers a variety of volunteer opportunities, including:
- Boutique: Help sort, organize, and clean donated items.
- Client Advocates: Provide support and guidance to clients.
- Certified Professionals: Provide specialized services to clients, such as doula services, lactation consultant services, or child development services.
- Fundraising: Help raise money for CPO’s programs and services.
- Front Office Coverage: Answer phones, greet clients, and provide administrative support.
- Transportation: Provide transportation to clients for appointments.
- Community Awareness: Spread the word about CPO’s services and resources.
- Social Media Team: Help promote CPO on social media and with content creation.
- Baby and Birth Mom Showers: Help plan and host baby showers for clients.
- Special Events: Help plan and execute special events, such as fundraising events or community outreach events.
- Help writing and designing our blog, newsletter, mailings
- Hotline coverage
- Host Item Drives or Virtual Showers
Do you have a skill or service you would like to volunteer?
To volunteer submit the form below or call the office at 918-296-3377.